Date of Birth
: Feb. 4, 1972
Los Altos, Calif.
University of California at San Diego and Stanford University
Teacher, Executive Communications Manager and Matriarch
Sporting Career Highlights:
- 1984 Olympic Games, experienced first Olympic Games at 12 years old in Los Angeles
- 2012 Olympic Games, took sons, ages 4 and 15, to their first Olympic Games in London ... hoping this experience will shape their ideas about competition, sportsmanship and patriotism
- 2013 Warrior Games, took sons to Colorado Springs to visit the U.S. Olympic Training Center
- 8th grade, won middle school’s 400-meter race and placed 2nd at city-wide track meet
- San Francisco Half Marathon, completed more than a decade ago
Enjoys running as a form of meditation … met Prince Harry at the 2013 Warrior Games … running the NYC Marathon to accomplish life-long goal … wants to support U.S. Olympic and Paralympic athletes and help fulfill their dreams of standing on the podium one day
Never asked friends or family for money in a fundraising effort … hopes to have a lot of support in first attempt at raising money for the USOC ... has been on gala committees and helped with auctions for schools
Excited to run for Team USA because she loves supporting the USOC … inspired by the process and the emotional commitment athletes make to compete for the United States …joined Team USA Endurance to accomplish something incredibly challenging, but worthwhile
Click here to help her run for Team USA.