After his first international competition at the 2007 Parapan American Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where he won four medals, Alex Dionne looked ahead to the 2008 Paralympic Games in Beijing, China. Hoping to come away with a medal, Dionne narrowly missed his place on the podium, finishing fourth in the men's 400m freestyle S7.
Dionne also will swim in the 2011 Parapan American Games
Dionne lives in Wisconsin with his parents, Tom and Karen, and his older sister, Megan.
- 2011: Team member, Parapan American Games
- 2008: U.S. Paralympic Team member, Swimming - Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2008: American record, 800m freestyle - CanAm Championships, Victoria, Canada
- 2007: Gold medal, 400m freestyle; Silver medal, 4x100m freestyle relay; Two bronze medals, 50m butterfly, 4x100 medley relay - Parapan American Games, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- American and Pan-American record holder, 100m butterfly
- American record, 200m butterfly, 800m freestyle and 1,500m freestyle