- 2011 US National Sprint Team Member
- 2011 World Championships in Szeged, Hungary: 7th in K2 200m B Final, 8th in K2 500m B Final
- 2011 World Cup No. 3 in Duisburg, Germany: 7th in K-2 1000m Final, 8th in K-2 200m B Final, 7th in K-2 500m C Final
- 2011 World Cup No. 2 in Racice, Czech Republic: 3rd in K-2 200m B Final, 9th in K-1 1000m A Final, reached semis of K-2 500m
- 2011 US Sprint Team Trials: 4th in K-2 500m, 5th in K-1 500m, 5th in K-1 200m
- 2X 2011 National Champion: K-2 200m, 500m (with Maggie Hogan)
Ariel became involved with paddling at summer camp at the age of 10. She began competing at the age of 15.
Her biggest accomplishments to date include making both the 2007 Pan Ams Games team and the World Championship team in 2009. Currently she trains with the Washington Canoe Club, coached by Stein Jorgenson.