Sport: Alpine Skiing
Classification: LW9-2, Standing
Date of Birth: Dec. 26, 1985
Birthplace: Cleveland, Ohio
Hometown: Granby, Colo.
Current Residence: Granby, Colo.
High School: Lafayette HS (Wildwood, Mo.) ‘04
Coach: Kevin Jardine
- 2014: Paralympic Winter Games, 28th slalom; U.S. Paralympics Alpine Skiing National Championships, 2nd slalom and giant slalom; Huntsman Cup, 2nd slalom and giant slalom; World Cup Copper Mountain, 16th slalom run 1, 19th slalom run 2; NorAm Aspen, 3rd downhill; NorAm Winter Park, 6th slalom, 7th giant slalom run 1, 6th giant slalom run 2; U.S. Paralympics Alpine Skiing National Championships, 4th downhill
- 2013: NorAm Copper Mountain, 12th slalom run 1, 14th slalom run 2, 19th giant slalom run 1 and 2, 20th super-G run 1, 18th super-G run 2
- 2012: NorAm Winter Park, 5th slalom and super-G, 7th giant slalom; NorAm Copper Mountain, 11th slalom run 1, 10th slalom run 2, 12th giant slalom run 1, 11th giant slalom run 2, 12th super-G run 1, 14th super-G run 2; U.S. Paralympics Alpine Skiing National Championships, 7th super-G
- 2011: NorAm Kimberley, Canada, 9th super-G run 1, 8th super-G run 2, 6th downhill run 1, 10th downhill run 2
- 2010: Paralympic Winter Games, 32nd giant slalom
- 2008: The Hartford Ski Spectacular, 7th slalom; Named to U.S. Paralympics Alpine Skiing National Team
Ian Jansing got into skiing at a young age at Hidden Valley, a small hill near St. Louis, Mo. Though he was born with cerebral palsy, he never let his condition keep him off the slopes. After a visit to the National Sports Center for the Disabled in Colorado, he was sold on the idea of becoming a ski racer and made the move to Winter Park at the age of 16. Jansing made his first Paralympic debut at the Vancouver Games in 2010, where he competed in giant slalom.
Jansing says that if he wasn’t an athlete, he would be an eighth grade history teacher. Off the snow, Jansing plays golf, bikes, fishes and camps. He enjoys spending time with friends and his two dogs, Aspen and Pines.