: Sprint Kayak, K-1, K-2, K-4
: Sydney University
: Hawaii Canoe/Kayak Club
- 1st K-2 1000m, 2006 World Cup Event (Guangzhou, China)
- 2-time consecutive Australian national champion in K-2 500m, K-4 1000m
- 5th K-4 500m, 2008 World Cup Event (Szeged, Hungary)
- 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico: 7th in K2 1000m, 7th in K4 1000m
- 2011 World Championships in Szeged, Hungary: 8th in K4 1000M semfinals
- 2011 World Cup No. 3 in Duisburg, Germany: 5th in K-4 1000 B Final, 6th in K-2 200m C Final
- 2011 World Cup No. 2 in Racice, Czech Republic: 6th in K-4 1000m B Final, 5th in K-2 200m C Final
- 2011 US Sprint Team Trials: 3rd in K-1 1000m, 4th in K-1 200m, 1st in K-2 1000m, 2nd in K-2 200m
- 4x 2011 National Champion: K-2 200m, 500m, 1000m (with brother Luke Michael); K-4 1000m
- Honors: PhD, Exercise and Sport Science (2010, Sydney University)
- Job: Lecturer, Sydney University
- Hobbies: surfing, surf ski paddling, swimming, relaxing
- Quote: "Quitters never win, Winners never quit"
- How'd you get started? It was originally an avenue to get fit for the football season and help with technique for surf ski paddling.
- Hero: Lance Armstrong, when it all got tough and everyone expected him to quit, he got back on the bike and became a champion.
- Family: Twin brother, Luke, is also a member of the U.S. National Team. I recently got married to my long-term girlfriend, Erin, at the end of 2010.
- Trivia: I have dual citizenship (Australia, U.S.) and have moved to paddle with USA in 2010.
- Read more about the twins HERE.
- Click HERE to read a Q&A with Jake Michael.