NATIONAL TEAMS MANAGER
Reports to the High Performance Director
1. Manage the travel logistics and operations of all U.S. national teams for camps and international competitions.
2. Ensure that U.S. National team members are in compliance with USADA requirements.
- Responsible for booking and sourcing airfare for domestic and international programs, including visa acquisition
- Confirming U.S. National Team participation in all international events
- Coordinating room and board for national team members for domestic and international programs
- Managing the security reports from the U.S. Olympic Committee Security Division for all international programs
- Developing national team program handbooks for all international programs
- Manage expenditures of each budgeted program and identify potential savings, as well as notifying leadership of potential overages
- Reviewing trip details with the lead coach(es) of each delegation
- Responding to inquiries from national team members as necessary regarding camps and events
3. Elite Athlete Health Insurance (EAHI)
- Monitor/track the status of U.S. National team members in the Registered Testing Pool (RTP).
- Communication to National team members reminding them to complete their quarterly Whereabouts or update their Whereabouts prior to upcoming National team programs.
- Follow up with National team members for any missed tests to ensure that they address any notice provided by USADA.
- Monitor the status of U.S. National team members who are in the RTP for AIBA and World Anti-Doping Agency.
- Organize USADA educational seminars for athletes throughout the calendar year for national team athletes and coaches
- In consult with the Ringside Physicians, develop and maintain a grassroots educational program for USADA/WADA for coaches and club owners
- Submit requests to USADA for any tests that are conducted at USA Boxing National events or programs.
- Inform the U.S. National team members whom are eligible for EAHI of the opportunity to obtain EAHI.
- If the U.S. National team member elects to utilize EAHI, assist the team member with the application process to ensure that they are properly enrolled in the program.
4. Manage Athlete Ranking System (ARS) and International Results Tracking
5. Manage National Team Apparel and Equipment
- Update and maintain USA Boxing athlete rankings according to the terms of the ARS.
- Ensure that the USA Boxing athlete rankings are posted in designated outlets (USA Boxing website, social networks, press releases, etc.).
- Address all inquires related to the USA Boxing ARS.
- Track international event results to compile annual International Competitive Analysis
- Inventory. Maintain inventory of the National team apparel and ensure that items are properly stocked.
- Pull designated apparel for National team events and programsOrder from supplier/sponsor.
- Submit orders to apparel supplier/sponsor as it relates to National team apparel. May include ordering merchandise for sales at National events.
6. Managing Equipment
- Maintain inventory of training and competition equipment and ensure that items are properly stocked.
- Pull designated equipment for programs as well as returning them at the conclusion of programs
- Utilize checklist for National team events and programs.
- Order from supplier/sponsor.
- Submit orders to equipment supplier/sponsor as it relates to National team training and competition needs. Also includes ordering equipment for USA Boxing organized events.
7. Event Operations
- Managing volunteers
- Train and manage the volunteers that support the operational aspects of events
- Venue set-up
- Pertains to assisting in set-up and tear-down of the venue for USA Boxing events
- Equipment distribution
- Assist with operations and production as required by the Director of Events
8. Technology Advancements for Events and High Performance
- Work with service provider in the management of online streaming at designated USA Boxing events. Includes troubleshooting issues at the event as well as with the orders related to the purchase of online
- Manage the Mobile Coach Web Application platform and introduce to membership base for integration into members’ programs at the grassroots level
- Work in conjunction with the National Coach in exploiting additional technology opportunities to assist in preparing athletes for international competition
9. Oversee Technology
10. WSB/APB Roster and Records
- Manage all technology equipment which may be loaned out to national team members periodically, and develop check-in/out program that includes maintenance and replacement.
- Develop the National Team Tablet Program for athletes to assist USAB athletes in their administrative requirements
- Maintain inventory of items and develop a checklist to be used when equipment is used for National team events and programs.
- Manage and expand the video library via Dartfish and the USOC Sport Technology for scouting and evaluation of boxers domestically and internationally.
- Maintain record of USA Boxing athlete members and coaches (“participants”) who are active in the WSB and APB.
- Develop and maintain a roster consisting of general contact information of active WSB and APB participants.
11. Other Duties as Assigned
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong technology skills, including use of personal computers and essential software (Microsoft Office) and high performance software such as Dartfish and new technologies once available
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally
Benefits: Generous benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave
DEADLINE for SUBMISSION: Friday, February 21, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Mountain
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
1 Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
USA Boxing does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap, or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based upon job related factors.