Mohan Subramaniam – Director, Coaching & High Performance
Fred Coleman – USAB Board of Directors & Chair, Junior Advisory Group
Chris Hales - Former USAB Board Member & USAB High Performance Athlete
Abi Bautista - Coaching Director on the USAB Board of Directors
May Mangkalakiri – USOC & USAB Athlete Advisory Council Rep
USAB High Performance Advisory Group
Terms of Reference
The High Performance Advisory Group
The High Performance Group [HPAG] is a group of individuals who assist the Director of Coaching & High Performance [DCHP] in matters pertaining to high performance athlete development
HPAG Membership Term
- The HPAG Membership Term of Service is for the duration of two (2) years. The current HPAG membership is from October 15, 2013 to December 1, 2015.
- The DCHP has the authority to extend the services of the HPAG members for additional terms.
- ·HPAG membership is a voluntary position.
- ·Individuals who accept the appointment to the HPAG shall confirm appointment in writing.
- ·All appointments will be for a period of 2 years and HPAG member services may be extended.
- ·The DCHP shall reserve the right to invite other individuals whom he deems may be able to contribute to the development of athletes and/coaches.
- ·The DCHP has the discretion to invite non-HPAG members as consultants for specific projects but they may not have the privy to all HPAG current matters in discussion.
- A HPAG member may discontinue his/her service by notifying the DCHP with a four (4) week notice in writing in order that a replacement may be appointed .
- Members may also be replaced at any time at the discretion of the DCHP before the completion of his/her term of service.
- ·The HPAG shall include the USOC/USAB Athlete Advisory Council [AAC] representative.
- ·The CEO/Secretary General shall be included for consultation and invited for HPAG meetings as and when necessary.
HPAG Specific Roles
- Provide feedback and advice as and when required for matters pertaining to High Performance.
- Provide feedback and advice on Athlete Selection Procedures, Team USA Trials
- Provide feedback and advice and or collaborate with the Junior Advisory Group [JAG] pertaining to Athlete Selection, Junior International Trials, coach appointments for junior high performance events, etc
- Provide feedback and advice as and when required for matters pertaining to USAB Coach Development Program.
- Provide feedback and advice on coach selection for USAB high performance teams, tours, camps and projects
HPAG Delivery Approach
- The HPAG will endeavour to organize at least one face-to-face meeting per year. If an advisory group member is unable to attend a meeting, he shall endeavour to communicate this action by email or by teleconference.
- Communicate in a timely manner on matters circulated for feedback.
Conflict of Interest
Members of the HPAG must recuse themselves from decision making regarding coach and athlete selection if they have substantial familial or financial interest with the individuals concerned.
HPAG Communication Channel
All members of the HPAG shall:
- ·Communicate with DCHP directly on all matters raised, for the HPAG review.
- ·Copy all HPAG members in all email correspondence in order to maintain transparency
- ·HPAG members shall not divulge discussion matters outside the HPAG membership and USAB office unless permission is granted by the DCHP.
Members of the HPAG understand that all pending deliberations are confidential and shall not be shared with athletes, coaches’ families and members of the public without authorization of the DCHP.
- USAB shall reimburse for any expenses incurred for attending face to face meetings.
- All reimbursements shall be made through the DCHP within a 60 day period by completing an expense report.