NFAA/Easton Foundation Job Posting - Yankton Regional Archery Center Manager
NATIONAL FIELD ARCHERY ASSOCIATION FOUNDATION
EASTON SPORTS DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
REGIONAL CENTER OF ARCHERY EXCELLENCE
POSITION TITLE: Yankton Regional Archery Center Manager
As the leader of the NFAA/Easton Foundations' Regional Archery Center of Excellence, the Manager will foster, promote and administer the NFAA/Easton programs to improve the proficiency of archers and bowhunters at all levels. The Manager will ensure consistency of the regional training and instruction with the NFAA and USAA coaching and training programs and techniques. The Manager will work in coordination with the NFAA President and Executive Secretary to oversee the development and implementation of the regional training programs, coordination of camps, clinics and seminars, instructor certification courses, curriculum updates and modification, and outreach programs to both athletes and coaches. Strong organization and communication skills are mandatory along with the ability to work with dual reporting responsibilities. Creative and innovative thinking is necessary to develop strong regional programs.
1. Responsible for scheduling and managing all coaching clinics, instructor certification courses, training camps, and seminars at the Yankton Regional Archery Center in coordination with the NFAA.
2. Responsible for coordinating all specific training, coaching, clinics, instructor certification with the appropriate coaches and or instructors at the Regional Center.
3. Responsible for coordinating all local, state, national and international archery events held at the Regional Center. Must be familiar with all styles of tournament archery events; target, field and 3-D.
4. Administrate and manage the Indoor & Outdoor (Field, FITA and 3-D) Ranges.
5. Responsible for developing and administering the annual budget for the programs and training programs at the Regional Center.
6. Coordinate the development and implementation of local, state archery & bowhunting training, coach development, tournaments, and other events with other Regional Archery Centers.
7. Research and provide feedback regarding other successful programs-other sports, other Regional Archery Centers, and other countries' programs.
8. Assist NADA to manage the coaching certification and renewal program with participants from the Yankton Regional Center.
9. Ensure that communication with local clubs, teams, athletes, coaches, the City of Yankton, other city parks & recreation departments and other external partners (i.e. SD Game, Fish & Parks, Nebraska Game & Parks Commission, local schools) is performed in a timely and effective manner to enhance archer participation and to coordinate joint programs.
10. Be creative and an innovative thinker, providing solutions to improve the management of the entire Yankton Regional Archery Center.
11. Administer and provide high level coach training for local college/university coaches by visiting their locations and coordinating regional collegiate training events and tournaments.
12. Liaise with local school districts and provide guidance to integrate archery into their standard programs, and provide transition assistance from basic NASP to ASAP and JOAD after school programs.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by the President or the Executive Secretary of the NFAA.
*Office environment in NFAA/ESDF Regional Archery Center-Yankton, South Dakota.
*Some domestic & international travel may be required.
*Non-traditional work hours, including weekends and holidays.
*Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
*Experience in sport management or sport performance or HPER Athletics.
*Experience in coaching and/or teaching with current level 3 or 4/Elite Coach and BEST Certification. **Elite Coach & BEST Certification is not mandatory to be considered for the position, but must be completed for long term employment.
*Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail.
*Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
*Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
*MS Office proficiency.
*Ability to manage and work with employees/staff; coaches, instructors and volunteers.
*Strong customer service orientation.
*Creative thinker and innovator.
*Supports transparency, ethical decision making and always acts with the highest degree of integrity.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
*Standard office equipment.
*Physical fitness & training equipment.
*Standard bow tuning, setup and maintenance.
*Computer equipment, AV, training devices.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Dual reporting to NFAA President and Executive Secretary.
Please send resume to: National Field Archery Association
Bruce Cull, President
800 Archery Lane
Yankton, South Dakota 57078
Deadline for Submission: Position will remain open until filled.
Salary Range: Negotiable, commensurate to experience, education and training.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.