USA Archery on Popular Social Networks Facebook and Twitter
USA Archery can now be found on the social networking sites of Facebook and Twitter. In late August, USA Archery debuted on Twitter at http://twitter.com/usaarchery. The organization announced Sept. 3, that Facebook users can now add the USA Archery fan page to their accounts.
Robby Beyer, USA Archery high performance manager, is tweeting with live results of Team USA performances and actions from the World Archery Championships in Ulsan, Korea. Make sure to follow the Team USA tweets over Labor Day weekend as the elimination rounds begin Sept. 5.
Below are some of the interesting tweets from this week's activities:
- Sept. 3 - Women's Recurve Team: "Team USA finishes 10th place with a 3909."
- Women's Recurve: "Khatuna up a couple spots to 24 with 6 arrows remaining"
- Women's Recurve: "Short distances set to begin in 10 minutes. Feeling good after lunch, reading, music, and naps on massage tables. (Thanks Ms. Lee!)"
- Sept. 2 - "CEO Denise Parker blogs on 2010 events, the changes FITA adopted and what it all means for USA Archery. http://tinyurl.com/meugre"
- Sept. 1 - "Wind is extremely strong and is swirling. Presenting many challenges for the archers."
- Aug. 30 - "Great sushi found complete with squid, scallops, tuna, yellow tail, fish eggs, shrimp, clams, pickled garlic all for under 20 us dollars"
- Aug. 27 - "Team USA begins the day and a half journey to Korea! Starting Thursday am we will arrive late Friday pm. Let the fun begin!"
To stay current with USA Archery announcements, news and events, follow USA Archery from your Twitter and Facebook accounts.
"In an effort to better serve our constituents, it was imperative to develop social networking accounts for USA Archery to keep our members informed," said Denise Parker, USA Archery CEO. "The frequency in which individuals check their Facebook and Twitter accounts is amazing, making this a priority in communication for USA Archery."
The Facebook page for USA Archery will develop over the next several months including event information, schedules, membership, photos and more.