The JOAD Committee for 2013 will be:
John Stover: North Region Representative and Committee Chair
Brian Ficker: West Region Representative
Doug Ludwig: East Region Representative
Dee Falks: South Region Representative
Mackenzie Brown: Athlete Representative
USA Archery’s JOAD Committee is made up of five (5) members that serve two-year terms. Members include four regional coordinators and one athlete representative. JOAD Committee members must be at least 18 years old and may serve up to three consecutive two-year terms. Committee service is on a volunteer basis. The USAA JOAD Committee meets quarterly by conference call and once a year in person. Day to day communications is primarily by email.
Nominations were conducted for the East and South regions in the fall of 2012. Both Doug Ludwig and Dee Falks were re-elected for their respective regions. Current JOAD Committee members interviewed all nominees, and recommendations were then given to the USAA Board of Directors to be approved. USA Archery would like to thank all who applied for the positions. Each region had several strong nominees, many of who were asked to sit on an ad-hoc committee to share their ideas and help support JOAD in their respective areas.
The JOAD Committee will have its annual meeting on February 6th in Las Vegas, in coordination with the World Archery Festival. Please continue reading for a short biography of each of the new JOAD Committee members.
· Lead Instructor and coordinator for Points to the Cross JOAD since 2003.
· Spent the last 13 summers teaching archery at summer camps and level 1&2 Instructor courses.
· JDT, Coach, ITS member and USA Archery judge.
· “Looking forward to serving on the JOAD Committee for the next term as we help grow our sport of archery in the local, regional, and national levels.”
· President & Head Coach of Virtual JOAD
· USAA/NFAA Level 5 Coach, JDT Coach
· Works full-time in the archery industry in a number of positions for archery organizations and trade associations as well as internationally for National Associations.
· “I consider myself fortunate to have been selected for a second term as the South Region JOAD Coordinator and am dedicated to working toward the advancement of all forms of archery. One of my many goals is to provide increased opportunity to all of our youth archers and am dedicated to working toward the advancement of all forms of archery, FITA, FITA Field, Indoor, and 3D as they relate to JOAD and USA Archery.”
For more information on the JOAD Committee please visit: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Programs/Junior-Olympic-Archery-Development/JOAD-Leadership.aspx