You can start an After School Archery Program quickly and easily. All you need are interested youth archers and an adult instructor who has been trained and certified by USA Archery, NFAA, 4-H, or National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP).
You can use a variety of program equipment including both recurve or compound bows (of appropriate size and poundage) or universal draw length bows all work great! Need Equipment? Equipment can be purchased from USA Archery as soon as it becomes available!
There's nothing like archery for getting a kid excited about recreation. ASAP, a youth after school archery program, combines proven teaching techniques with lesson plans, instructor training and easy equipment access.
Who Can Start an ASAP? State wildlife agencies, Parks and Recreation Departments, Camps, Boy or Girls Scouts, Archery pro-shops or ANY ARCHERY ENTHUSIAST!
Who Can Participate? Any youth who has the desire to learn more about the sport of archery!
Step-By-Step How To
- Obtain one of the above-mentioned archery instructor certifications. Please click the Instructor Certification tab on the left-hand side of the page to learn how to become a USAA/NFAA certified instructor.
- Determine a safe shooting space for your program. ASAP programs can be conducted indoors in a gymnasium or outdoors in half a soccer field. The ASAP instructor guide has the actual range layouts and safety perimeters.
- Organize Your Group
- Determine Equipment Needs-Please click on the Ordering Equipment tab on the left-hand side of the page to learn about how to order equipment for your program
- Order your Program Materials. Please see link on left-hand side of page to order your Program Materials.
- Hold the First Class and Start Having Fun!!