||June 1, 1960, in Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
||Married, four children
|Year started curling
||5 feet, 11 inches
- U.S. Olympic Team - Curling: 2002 (7th), 1998 (4th)
- Men's Nationals: 1999, '96, '95 (champions each year); 1997(4th)
- Men’s Worlds: 1999, '95 (4th each year); 1996 (6th)
- U.S. Curling Association and U.S. Olympic Committee Male Athlete of the Year - Curling: 1999
- Wisconsin State Men's Championships: 1995 (champions)
Other highlights include:
- Eight-time state finalist
- 1996 Ford Hot Shot Competition winner at Ford World Championships in Hamilton, Canada
In his own words: "Since these were my teammates in 1996 and '97, we feel fairly comfortable as a team going into an Olympic year, because we've played many games together."
Hobbies: Fishing, golf, coaching baseball
Other favorite sports: Baseball, football, basketball
Heroes: "Pete Rose, because he got the most out of his limited athletic ability, and because of his great desire."
Curling goal: "To win a medal."