USA FIELD HOCKEY is recognized by the United States Olympic Committee as the national governing body for the sport of field hockey in the USA. USA Field Hockey has over 21,000 members and oversees the junior national and Olympic teams and is responsible for the development and promotion of the game.
No positions currently open with USA Field Hockey
ADDITIONAL FIELD HOCKEY OPPORTUNITIES
Assistant Coach Position, Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
Syracuse University invites applicants for the position of Assistant Field Hockey Coach. This is a full-time position which includes but is not limited to developing the technical skills of student-athletes, video analysis and tape exchange, scouting opponents, recruiting (domestic and international) and administrative duties related to team travel, compliance logs, facilities, recruiting, community services projects and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach. Syracuse is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. Candidates must possess the willingness to work extended hours, meet project deadlines, work in a team environment and adhere to the ACC and NCAA Rules.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s/advanced degree required, master’s degree preferred. Recommend 1-3 years of successful experience coaching field hockey at the Division I level or equivalent playing/coaching experience. Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Good organizational, communication and computer skills. Strong commitment and ability to work well with student-athletes.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested candiates should sumbit a cover letter, resume and a list of three references online to: www.sujobopps.com
Sports Marketing & Management Assistant, eCamps Inc., Fairfield, Conn.
• Assist the Vice President in executing each project from start to finish
• Develop and execute email-marketing campaigns: upload lists and html files, manage opt-outs and pull email metrics for evaluation
• Manage specific tactical areas of marketing plan including: prospective camper and team leads, press-releases, proofreading, ad words/SEO, and online promotions
• Maintain our social media messaging and social network presence: For example: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram among others; Produce/publish approved content (slideshows, blog posts, tweets, videos) and monitor/publish comments
• Help establish brand reputation in areas where we are hosting new programs
• Identify and design master contact lists of the respective community leaders in the specific sports
• Support other sports managers with duties such as shipping, mailing and collaborating on marketing campaigns
• BA required; concentration in sports management, communication or other relevant discipline preferred; Full-time or internship experience working with in sports and/or camps
• Familiarity with Field Hockey, Swim, Water Polo and/or Squash is a plus
• Knowledge of evolving web, social media and digital marketing
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Well organized with strong attention to detail, time management and problem-solving skills, able to work in fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
• Creative thinker
• Team player, able to build strong working relationships with internal and external program affiliates
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) is a plus
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
Temporary to Permanent
Application Deadline: May 1
eCamps Inc. is a professional sports management company who specializes in youth sport specific training camps. Over 7000 youth athletes are exposed to sport specific instruction, coaches and facilities each summer through our programs. We offer youth training camps in 10 sports, field hockey, lacrosse, squash, water polo, swimming, softball, rugby, wrestling, golf and tennis. eCamps Inc. currently operates with six full time employees has an impressive year over year growth since our inception in 2001. Over 75,000 athletes have attended our programs. Join our staff as we work to provide families with their children’s favorite sports camps.
Varsity Field Hockey Head Coach, Germantown Friends School, Philadelphia, Pa.
Germantown Friends School is accepting applications for the position of Head Coach for its highly competitive Field Hockey Program. GFS is looking for a skilled leader, mentor and communicator, with proven coaching experience, to help continue to build on a strong foundation. High-level playing experience is preferred (college or beyond).
The Head Coach will also have the responsibility of overseeing the entire Field Hockey program (grades 6-12). Applicants must demonstrate the ability to maintain a competitive team, and overall program, while adhering to the values of the school, and the Friends Schools League.
We also will look to the head coach to work with other coaches and teams within the program to establish consistent philosophies and teaching methods, and will be expected to mentor fellow coaches in their coaching development. We also expect the Head Varsity Coach to conduct camps and clinics throughout the year.
This is a part-time position from August-November, Monday-Saturday, including weekend games.
Please email cover letter, resume and references to Katie Bergstrom Mark, Director of Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org