National Team Program Apprentice Program
NATIONAL TEAM APPRENTICE PROGRAM
A selected group of coaches will have the opportunity to receive National Team Education during a two-year period with the end goal to eventually become a National Team Coach, if a position becomes available.
This two-year program will include:
- Assessment of coaching level and personal development plan with High Performance Director
- National Team Coaching Manual
- National Team Education – Online: at least six presentations, articles or webinars per year (anatomy, nutrition, psychology, flexibility, dance, height, interval training)
- Mentoring by a former or current National Team Coach (Phone or Skype discussions, one visit during the two-year program funded by USA Synchro)
- Invitation to coach at National Team Training as an apprentice (USA Synchro National Team will cover expenses, no salary)
- Opportunity to apply National Team philosophy at Development camps during the summer (paid work)
- Opportunities for additional training in the US and abroad (with Le Reve, Circus school in San Francisco, USOC, foreign clubs…) at additional expense to the apprentice
Candidates must send applications to Education Director Kevin Warner and High Performance Director Myriam Glez by October 15, 2013.
Applications must include
- Resume including all achievements as an athlete, coach, volunteer, judge, etc.
- Portrait picture
- Cover letter including a description of his/her coaching philosophy and why the candidate should be chosen for the position
- One-page analysis (bullet points) of synchronized swimming trends worldwide
- Organization and training plan for a 13-15 National Team preparing for Comen Cup, including objectives, strategy, duration of training, periodization, training plan, competition preparation, etc.
Each application will be reviewed, and candidates will be selected, by a panel consisting of the High Performance Director, Senior NT Head Coach, Junior NT Head Coach, 13-15 NT Head Coach, 12-and-Uunder NT Head Coach, Education Director, VP Education, VP Olympic International, IR Chair, Coaches’ board Chair and an Athlete Representative.
Four applicants will be selected to be part of this two-year program extending from November 2013 to August 2015. The selected applicants will be announced at the 2013 Coaches’ College.
Another selection of four apprentices will be done in 2015 for the period 2015-2017.
- Attend a minimum of seven to 10 days of National Team Training per year
- Participate in at least one development camp as a coach every year (seven to 10 days during the summer)
- Participate in all online education
- Attend a minimum of one additional opportunity over two years
- Comply with National Team Agreement and Code of Conduct
Funding to cover expenses to participate in National Team Training and Development camps
Funding to cover expenses to participate in one additional opportunity over two years
$1,000/apprentice for two years
National Team Apprentice Program Application
USA Synchro would like to thank the US Synchronized Swimming Foundation for funding this program. For more information on the US Synchronized Swimming Foundation, please click here.