The following guidelines may help you in completing your homework during the college selection process:
- Maintain good grades
- It’s important to have the grades needed to obtain admission into your college or university of preference and to be eligible for academic and other scholarships.
- Write or call the coaches after September 1 of your junior year
- Many coaches maintain a mailing list of potential recruits and can begin sending information to you during your junior year.
- Register with the NCAA Clearinghouse following your junior year
- This is important for any "official" recruiting visits you may make during your senior year. Forms can be obtained from your high school guidance counselor or by calling the NCAA Hotline at 1-800-638-3731.
- Visit campuses during the academic year
- Although you may want to make an initial visit during summer break, return to campus when school is in session and the team is practicing. You’ll get a first-hand look at the many aspects of college life if you arrange for an overnight stay with one of the students.
- You have many years and dollars "invested" in your sport. Now, take advantage of your talents and get some return on that investment! Earn scholarships and ultimately a college degree, make friends from throughout the world, and develop additional skills to assist you in your lifelong pursuits.