USATH National Referee Committee is managed by the following volunteer staff:
For USATH National Referee Committee procedure, please click here.
For Handball Referee Certification Procedure, please click here.
USATH Referee Candidate Application
The NRC is responsible for all aspects of handball officiating in the US, including:
- a strategy to build and improve the quantity and quality of referees at all levels
- a curriculum for certification of referees on all levels of advancement including administration of: (a) clinics and courses for new officials in conjunction with regularly scheduled regional competitions and/or standing alone events, (b) annual regional pre-season clinics and courses for all registered officials, (c) annual written tests and fitness tests for all officials according to the USATH guidelines and minimum standards
- budgeting for all encompassing on-going activities and future projected initiatives
- unified and consistent system of on-going evaluations, ranking and recognition system for all USATH approved referees
- data base including contact info for all USATH approved referees, their current certification level, events officiated, evaluations received, etc
- scheduling and travel for all sanctioned events per USATH calendar.
- master plan of recruiting, retention, education, certification, continuing training, promotion of new officials with special focus on creating “Junior Referee Program” and mentoring of referees interested in officiating at the international level
- communication and cooperation with IHF, PATHF, USOC, and partner National Federations for officiating matters.
All individuals interested in refereeing are encouraged to contact members of the NRC for more details about certification requirements, standards, and process involved.