Indoor IMPACT National Equivalency Courses
Overview: The following courses and their content are accepted as equivalent to the Indoor IMPACT Course with the purchase of the current year USAV IMPACT Manual and completion of the IMPACT Exam. Procedures and requirements for this path to IMPACT certification are listed below.
List of Approved Courses:
USVBA Levels I & II
Federation Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) Levels I – III, www.fivb.org
Canadian Volleyball Association Levels I - IV, www.volleyball.ca
American Sport Effectiveness Program (ASEP) "Coaching Principles", Click here for access.
National Youth Sports Coaches Association (NYSCA), www.nays.org
National Federation of High Schools (NFHS) "Fundamentals of Coaching Volleyball", Click here for access.
Physical Education or Sport/Coaching degree – If you have completed and earned a college degree in one or both of these areas, you may be a candidate for this equivalency route.
Due to the nature of this equivalency, coaches who meet this requirement should contact the USAV Coaching Education office at email@example.com or 719-228-6800 for more instructions on how to proceed.
Additional state or regional coaching courses, such as PACE, may be acceptable as equivalencies as well with documentation of course content.
Due to the nature of this equivalency, coaches who meet this requirement should contact the USAV Coaching Education office at firstname.lastname@example.org 719-228-6800 for more instructions on how to proceed.
Procedure for Completing Indoor IMPACT Equivalency Course:
1. Participants must submit for approval clear documentation of certification for one or more of the courses above. A copy of your certification can be submitted via email to email@example.com, fax 719-228-6899, or mail to
USA Volleyball Coaching Education Dept
4065 Sinton Rd., Ste 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
2. Once the prior course/certification is approved, you will receive an email notification that you are eligible for the equivalency route to IMPACT certification.
3. USAV Coaching Education will provide you with a link to register for and purchase the USAV Indoor IMPACT online exam and a PDF copy of the Indoor IMPACT Manual.
4. The online exam link will be open for 21 days for you to complete your exam and pass with a 90% or better.
5. Within two weeks of passing your Indoor IMPACT exam, you will receive an Indoor IMPACT certification via email, and your USAV national database record will be updated to reflect your Current IMPACT status.
6. Participants must forward a copy of their IMPACT certificate to the club director and USAV Region Office if requested.