USA Wrestling Weekly s January 28 broadcast posted for viewing
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, January 28 has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a new half-hour news broadcast which will be produced on a weekly basis. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
This week's show included the following feature segments:
- Update on Women's Team USA tour to Canada
- Focus on Penn State vs. Iowa dual, featuring their Olympic champion coaches
- Interview with 2008 World champion Clarissa Chun
- Interview with Swedish Greco-Roman Coach Benni Ljungback about competing in the Kiki Cup and Dave Schultz Memorial
- Feature on USA Wrestling staff running the Colorado Springs high school city championship tournament
- Feature on the new Developmental Freestyle program at the USOTC
And much more.
The Wrestling Greats segment featured two-time Olympic champion and four-time World champion women's freestyle wrestler Tricia Saunders.
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling's YouTube Channel and archived on USA Wrestling's UStream Channel.
In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Shawn Van Leeuwen of Takedown Wrestling Media.
Wrestling fans are encouraged to visit TheMat.com and other media outlets on a weekly basis to find out what is going on with USA Wrestling.
Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.