USA Wrestling Weekly’s November 1, 2013 broadcast posted for viewing
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, November 1, 2013, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Coverage of the Cliff Keen Oklahoma City Duals for women, with interview with King University star Julia Salata
• Preview of the NWCA All-Star Classic, with interviews with Cael Sanderson, David Taylor, Taylor Meeks, A.J. Schopp and Logan Stieber
• Air Force Black and Blue Intersquad coverage with video from all 10 bouts and an interview with Coach Joel Sharratt
• Jimmy Kennedy and Zach Rey win medals at Kadirov Cup in Grozny, Russia
• Russian lineup set for New York AC International, and the two USA vs. Russia duals in Albany and Ithaca, N.Y.
• First 10 pairings announced for Victory Wrestling Challenge in Omaha, Neb., Nov. 22
• FILA Coaches School for Freestyle held in Las Vegas, Nev., with interviews with coaches Dr. Harold Tunnemann, Georgi Galdava and Del Hawkins
• USA Wrestling Folkstyle National calendar expanded for 2013-14
• And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Cameron Andrews, with a picture depicting freshman Kyle Andrews of Edison High School in California, hitting a sweet headlock in his first season of wrestling.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is aired on television across the nation through the USA Wrestling Weekly Television Network. Partners include:
• Time Warner Cable SportsChannel, with viewers across upstate New York
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network, with distribution in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
• Time Warner Sports Texas, with 1.1 million homes in Texas
• KWEM TV 31 – Sudden Link Cable in Stillwater, Okla.
• CCN in Danville, Pa.
• Western Reserve Cable 9 in Ohio
• Time Warner Sports in Kentucky, Source 16
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Brad Johnson of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; Takedown Media.com; USA Wrestling – Tennessee; USA Wrestling – Kansas; Maryland USA Wrestling
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.